Cordyceps, also known as the ‘zombie mushroom’, was first used in China and Tibet thousands of years ago, as a remedy for fatigue and recovery from illness. Cordyceps is called a zombie as it infects a host insect (caterpillar, ant, etc) and takes over their bodies, eventually bursting out to create a small, stringy, orange mushroom.
Cordyceps benefits include:
- Reducing inflammation & oxidative stress
- Helping recovery from illness and exercise
- Enhancing liver & lung function
- Improving tolerance of chemotherapy and radiation
- Reducing tumor development
- Improving sex drive