Lions Mane has quickly become of my favorite mushrooms. I find it a beautiful sight, finding one in nature is an exciting event. Loads of research is coming to light on the power of this beauty. It’s taste is similar to crab meat. Lions Mane is mostly found on decaying trees. It has shown wonderful brain enhancing properties, especially in the fight against Alzheimers disease. It is considered a toothed fungus. It is very popular in Chinese and Japanese medicine. Throughout history it was reserved for royalty and it is revered by a sect of Buddhist monks that wear garments known as suzukake, that resemble Lions Mane mushroom.
- Helps relieve symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Speeds up recovery of nervous system injuries
- Regenerates brain cells
- Protects against ulcers in digestive tract
- Reduces heart disease risks
- Helps manage diabetes symptoms
- Fights against cancer
- Improves focus and memory
- Reduces inflammation and oxidative stress
- Boosts Immune system
- Helps heal skin wounds
Lions Mane can resemble a mushroom known as Bears Head Tooth. Also known to have medicinal properties.